Cedar Dell Forest Farm's Homeschool Program offers homeschooled children in grades Kindergarden - 6 the opportunity to experience the unique blend of forest and farm that our property provides. In small groups of up to 12 students, these weekly classes blend open-ended nature exploration and farm life with science inquiry. Each week time will be spent outdoors in the forest and on the farm, practicing homesteading skills such as outdoor cooking and carding wool, organic gardening and animal care while also learning about forest ecology and environmental stewardship.
Fall Elementary Homeschool Sessions at Cedar Dell Forest Farm
Through these sessions, students will:
- Develop meaningful connections to nature through a blend of open-ended exploration and structured games and activities.
- Care for farm animals, collect chicken eggs, card sheep wool and snuggle the fluffy angora rabbit.
- Increase knowledge of local plants and animals, including ethnobotany - learning about the historical relationships between people and plants.
- Develop practical skills such including gardening, sewing, outdoor cooking and more.
- Foster creativity through nature-based art projects.
- Make new friends and learn from each other!
Fall 2018 Session:
Thursdays 10 AM - 2 PM
10 Weeks, September 13 - November 15
Cost includes all materials and a snack each week. Students should bring a packed lunch and water bottle. (For more program policies and information, click here.)
Sibling discount available. Save 10% when registering 2 or more children by entering SIBLINGS at checkout.